United States Naval Academy Judo Club
MJI Sanction #704
Saturday, October 6, 2007
Tournament Site: Halsey Field House
must be a member of USJF,
Entry Fee: $40 per person for the day’s competition.
Regardless of the number of divisions or categories participated in.
Schedule: 8:30-9:30 am Registration and Weigh-in
9:45 am Opening Ceremonies
10:00 am Team Competition Begins
Pools for individual competition will be set after team competition is completed.
1:00 pm (Approx.) Individual Competition begins.
Contest Rules: Modified IFJ rules will apply. Individual Novice matches will be 3 minutes, all other matches (Team & Individual Open) will be 4 minutes. Both Individual and Team competition will be Modified Double Elimination or Round Robin, depending on the number of players or teams in the division. The tournament director reserves the right to add, delete and/or modify any division to ensure better competition for the participants.
Awards: First, second, and third place awards for each individual and team divisions will be awarded. Trophies for outstanding Novice and Open individual player will be awarded. Teams may choose to compete for either the Japanese Ambassador’s Trophy or the Naval Academy Commodore’s Trophy.
Tournament Director: Brandon Bonton, President, Navy Judo Club
For Additional Information Contact:
Edwin Y. Takemori, at Takemorijudo@cs.com or 410/431-7360
Individual Matches and Team Competition will be Modified Double Elimination or Round Robin depending on the number of player in the category. The tournament director reserves the right to add, delete and/or modify and division to endure better competition for the participants.
Individual Shiai Divisions:
Novice: (Yonkyu and below) Open: (Sankyu and above)
Women and Novice Men: Light, Medium and Heavy weight
Open Men: 52 kg, 56kg, 60kg, 66kg, 73kg, 81kg, 90kg, 100kg, 100+kg
1. Teams may be made up of representatives from any community club or school. Team members are encouraged to be from the same school or club, but do not have to be.
2. Clubs or schools may sponsor no more than 2 teams.
3. Incomplete teams may compete. However, the team will forfeit the matches of missing team members.
4. Incomplete teams must have a minimum of 4 players.
5. Pick-up teams may be formed on site.
6. Team size is 6 members; 5 men and 1 woman.
7. Team competition will be open weight and open rank.
8. Line up for competition will be: female member first, then men lightest to heaviest weight.
9. Once a team line-up is set, only one substitution will be allowed, and for injury only.
10. Injured players who do not finish a match or are withdrawn may not return to compete in any capacity.
11. Team matches that go into Golden Score and end in no score after the Golden Score match will be declared Hiki Waki.
12. Tie breaker matches must be selected from the male competitors on the team.
Note: In each team match, each team member will compete with the corresponding member from the opposing team. The team that obtains the most wins will advance. In the event of an equal number of wins a point scoring system will be used (Ippon=10pts.; Wazari=7pts.; Yuko=5pts.; Koka=3pts.) to determine the winner. There will be no flag wins. If there is no score, hiki-waki will be declared
To park on campus you must pre-register AND request a pass
to park on campus. Otherwise, off-campus
parking is available on the street or at the Navy and Marine Corps Stadium. The
Navy Marine Corps Stadium is near the intersection of
-Travel on Route 50 to
-Exit Route 50 at
-Turn right onto
-Turn right into Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium Parking Lot.
United States Naval Academy Senior Invitational
Shonen Competition Waiver
Senior Judo Invitational
Name: ___________________________________________ Rank: _________________
Home Address: ___________________________________________________________
Phone Number: (H)________________________ (W) ___________________________
E-mail address: ____________________ ______ Gender: M F Age: ____________
Club Name: _____________________________________________________________
USJI/USJF/USJA Number (circle one): _____________________ Expires: __________
Participation (Circle all that apply):
Individual Shiai: Novice Division Open Division
(Rokkyu through Yonkyu) (All ranks)
Team Competition: Team Name: __________________________
Enclosed is $40 for participation in the US Naval Academy Senior Judo Invitational.
Make Check or Money orders payable
No Fax or E-mail registration will be accepted. No Refunds.
Pre-Registrations should be post marked on or before September 28, 2007.
Mail registrations to:
Navy Sr. Invitational-Registrar Edwin Y. Takemori
To obtain a day pass for your vehicle you must pre-register on or before Sept. 22 and provide the following information:
Driver’s Name: ______________________________________________
License Number of Vehicle:____________________________________
Color of Vehicle: _____________________________________________
Make of Vehicle: _____________________________________________
Model of Vehicle: ____________________________________________
2007 Senior Judo Invitational
You MUST complete an Entry Form for EACH team member
Team Name: ____________________________________Club Name: ________________________
Competing for _______the Japanese Ambassador’s Trophy
_______The Commodore’s Academy Trophy
List your team line up Female members first (#1); then male members lightest first (#2) and increasing in weight to heaviest player last (#6).
Team Member Name RANK AGE WEIGHT
1._____________________________________________ ___________ __________ _____lbs. (Female Player)
2. ____________________________________________ ____________ __________ _____lbs. (Lightest Male Player)
3._____________________________________________ ___________ __________ ______ lbs.
4. _____________________________________________ ___________ __________ ______ lbs.
5. _____________________________________________ ___________ ___________ ______ lbs.
6. _____________________________________________ ___________ ___________ ______ lbs. (Heaviest male Player)
Make Checks of Money Orders payable to: “Naval Academy Judo Club”
No Fax or E-Mail registrations will be accepted.
Mail Registrations, Postmarked by Sept 28 to:
Navy Sr. Invitational-Registrar Edwin Y. Takemori
Severna Park, Md.
In consideration of being permitted to participate in anyway, including travel to and from, in any judo tournament, practice, clinic and other related event and activities of the United States Judo Federation Inc., United States Judo, Inc., United States Judo Association, Inc., Shufu Judo Yudanshakai, Maryland Judo Inc., United States Navy, United States Naval Academy, and the Naval Academy Judo Club, I hereby:
1. Acknowledge that I am familiar with the sport of Judo and understand the rules governing the sport of Judo.
2. Agree that, prior to participating, I will inspect the mats, equipment, facilities, competition pools or divisions,
and the elimination or scoring system to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe or beyond my capability,
I will immediately advise my coach, supervisor, and/or a tournament official of such condition and refuse to
3. Acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in a contact sport that might result in serious injury, including permanent disability or death, and severe social and economic losses due to not only my own actions, inactions, or negligence, but also the actions, inactions, or negligence of others, the rules of the sport of Judo, or conditions of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. Knowing the risks in the sport of Judo, I assume all such risks and accept personnel responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability, or death.
5. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the United States Judo Federation Inc., United States Judo Inc., United States Judo Association Inc., Shufu Judo Yudanshakai, Maryland Judo Inc., United States Navy, United States Naval Academy, and the Naval Academy Judo Club, together with their affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents, coaches, and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials,
medical personnel, other participants, their parents, guardians, supervisors, coaches, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors, lessees of the premises used to conducting the event, all of whom are hereinafter referred to as "Releasees", from any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of
injury, including permanent disability and death or damage to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in
part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
_____________________________ ____________________________ _____________
Participant Participant’s Signature Date
FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF PARTICPANTS OF MINORITY AGE
(UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his /her release, as provided above, of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree
to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence, to the fullest extent permitted
by law. I have instructed the minor participant to the above warnings and conditions and their ramifications.
___________________________ ______________________________ _____________
Parent/Guardian Parent/Guardian’s Signature Date
U.S. Judo Association, U.S. Judo Federation, Inc., U.S. Judo, Inc. © February 1998